- Renaming all namespaces in the Linx code base.
- Renaming Linx files where applicable, e.g. "Digiata.Linx.EMX.dll" changed to "Twenty57.Linx.EMX.dll".
- Changing the default installation directory from "C:\Program Files\Digiata Linx" to "C:\Program Files\Twenty57 Linx".
To migrate the Linx program files to the new version, it is highly recommended to uninstall the old version first and then install the new version. Note that it is possible to specify a custom directory during installation, so it is possible to install the new version to the same location where the old version was installed (if desired).
Linx solution files (.lso) that were created in the old version will open automatically in the new version. Please be aware that after saving a solution file in the new version, you won't be able to open it in the old version anymore.
Some additional notes regarding the upgrade:
- There is a bug in the existing released version of Linx that will prevent you from converting solution files that contain the "DigiataReporting" component. This has been fixed and will form part of the next release. All other components are successfully converted.
- Some old solution files may display the following error when you open them: "Could not load file or assembly 'EAGetMail, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e10a0812eb29cf94' or one of its dependencies". This error is not related to the changes made between 2.2 to 2.3.
To solve this error, open the relevant .lso file in a text editor, e.g. Notepad and search for:
EAGetMail.ServerAuthType, EAGetMail, Version=188.8.131.52
Replace this text with (note that the version number has changed from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11):
EAGetMail.ServerAuthType, EAGetMail, Version=18.104.22.168
After saving the file, you should be able to open it up in Linx again.
Post a Comment